With Paessler SNMP Tester you can run simple SNMP requests against a device in your network. During the test each single step of the SNMP request is logged into a logfile for analysis. The idea of this free program is to debug SNMP requests down to the protocol level in order to find communication and/or data problems in SNMP monitoring configurations.
Just follow these simple instructions:
1) Download Paessler SNMP Tester and run the snmptest.exe file.
2) Enter the IP address of your device and select the SNMP port and the SNMP community string.
3) Select a request type:
(a) MIB2 Interface: Reads the traffic counter of a port according to the MIB2 OID
(b) Custom OID: Enter a custom OID value to access any OID value on the device
(c) Device Uptime: Reads the standard system uptime value from the device
4) It may be necessary to select a specific local IP for the SNMP request (usually only necessary for multi homed systems)
5) Click on "Run Test" to start the testing process.
6) During the test you will find detailed information in the logfile window.
Paessler SNMP Tester is a free software application from the Network Monitoring subcategory, part of the Network & Internet category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2010-03-01. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
Paessler SNMP Tester (version 3.2) has a file size of 1.52 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 4149 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.